Are you a numbers person? Then you'll love the latest press release from Microsoft that details exactly how the Xbox 360 is doing thus far. We have the figures on everything from consoles and games sold, to Xbox Live numbers, Arcade downloads, and more.
- More than 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles have sold across the 37 countries where it is currently available. Xbox Live is currently available in 25 countries across the globe.
- According to U.S. NPD data, gamers have bought more software for the Xbox 360 (24.3 million units), than software for PS3 and Wii combined (19.8 million units).
- Faster than expected, Xbox Live has eclipsed the 7 million member milestone and is on track to reach 10 million members by the end of June 2008. In fact, in the last year we’ve added a new Xbox Live member every 8 seconds.
- There are more than 250 games available today on Xbox 360, including 86 Xbox Live Arcade games.
- Xbox 360 is the next-gen console with the largest games attach rate at an astounding 6.3 games sold per Xbox 360 owner.
- Xbox Live members have spent more than 3.2 billion hours playing games on Xbox Live with their friends around the world. That is equal to 137 million days or more than 376,000 years of gaming.
- To date, Xbox 360 owners have unlocked more than 600 million Achievements. All of those unlocked Achievements have created a total combined Gamerscore of more than 14 billion.
- There have been 2.5 billion game sessions hosted since the launch of Xbox 360, with more than 5.6 million hosted each day so far in 2007.
- Xbox Live Arcade has been a huge hit on Xbox 360, with nearly 70% of all connected consoles downloading and playing Xbox Live Arcade titles.
- Xbox Live Marketplace currently offers nearly 200 free trials and demos, giving owners more free playable content than any other console.