Randfish over SEOmoz talked to Matt Cutts on Nofollow, Links-Per-Page and the Value of Directories topics, During their chat, he had posted a list of six questions to Matt —”3 of which he answered (answers, or lack of answers, are in bold). This is followed by some discussion on these and other topics that warrant a mention, and may be serious news to many folks (they certainly were to me).”
- Why was John Chow's website (johnchow.com) penalized in the Google search results?
- A) John engaged in manipulative link acquisition (buying links, affiliate linking, etc)
- B) John's site consistently provided links to paying companies without using nofollow
- C) John's site engaged in other manipulative practices on-page – cloaking, keyword stuffing, etc.
- D) He said mean things about Google and we're soft-shelled here at the 'plex
- E) No answer provide by Matt