Google has updated their Google Finance site. The new homepage shows more information and is divided into the follwing sectors:
- A new homepage design which lets you see currency information, sector performance for the U.S. market, and a listing of top market movers along with the relevant and important news of the day.
- A Top Movers section highlighting most active companies by price, market cap, volume, and popularity as determined by our own Google Trends.
- More comprehensive charts, which now display up to 40 years of data for U.S. stocks.
- Richer portfolio capabilities that let you import other online portfolios to Google Finance, use different views and add transactions to make it easier to track your investments.
- A quick and easy way to add and view your Google Finance portfolios on the Google Personalized Homepage.
Now on the Google Finance homepage, you can see at a glance how major sectors are currently performing in U.S. financial markets. Scrolling over the bar charts will show you more detailed information about percentage increases and decreases for a given sector. To learn more about a given sector, simply click on the name and you'll see how that particular sector is performing compared to the S&P 500." Google seems to have problems with homepages for services like Google News, Google Finance, that don't have enough content to make people coming. Watch katiejs, short animation video of Google Finance’s new features.