Chinswing, developed by Dean Worth is a "global message board where anyone can add voice messages to ongoing topical discussions. Share your personal interests or hobbies, debate hot issues or find answers to questions." They've combined features of podcasting, text forums and live voice chat to create a whole new way to talk, called "step-talking".
How it works:If you'd like to contribute to a discussion by recording your own voice messages, you'll first need to sign up and install the free Chinswingstudio software v1.0.3 beta. Note: It currently supports Windows based system only.
- Channels and Discussions: All discussions are categorised into various “channels". For example, there is a Movies channel, and a Small Business channel. It is inside these channels that the multi-user discussions exist. Each discussion is made up of voice messages, recorded by Chinswing users.
- There are two types of pages at the heart of Chinswing.
- Channel pages: list all the discussions that exist in a particular channel, and offer ways to narrow your search and enhance browsing.
- Discussion pages: show a visual representation of a particular audio discussion, and offer ways to navigate through the list of contributors and discussion history. This is where you listen to the discussion. See the pix below (Click to enlarge):
- Joining in with your voice: To record your voice message, just click on either a "Record a message" or "Start a new discussion" button. Assuming you have already installed the Chinswingstudio application, it will pop up ready for you to hit record and start speaking. Keep in mind that you can review your message (and re-record it if you like) before clicking "Save" to upload the message to Chinswing.
- Following evolving conversations: To stay up to date with any particular discussion, you have two choices:
- Listen on the website, by simply returning to (or bookmarking) the discussion that you wish to follow, and seeing what's new.
- Subscribe using the RSS/Podcast feed link. By using RSS reader/aggregator or podcast receiver software, you can be automatically alerted when someone adds a message to that particular discussion. By using podcast receiver software, you can have any new messages automatically transferred to your mp3 player for listening on-the-go! iTunes/iPod users should use the one-click "Add to iTunes" link.