syncVUE is a product that enables users to sync media files with their Skype contacts for collaborative annotation in real time.
syncVUE is an extremely clever media player that plugs into SKYPE, the most popular VOIP (voice-over-internet-protocol) conferencing software available today. Simply download SKYPE (it's free), sign up for an account and you're ready. syncVUE adopts your SKYPE "buddy list" as it's own, allowing you to collaborate with any other syncVUE user on the SKYPE network.
feature and benefits
- Reduces or eliminates the cost and inconvenience of traveling for a review session.
- Review media with others over long distances
- Save time and money by collaborating when and where it's most convenient for you.
- Superior image quality to live streaming, since media resides locally for each client
- Work offline at your leisure, then check-in your notes and markups when you join the session
- Provides real-time, frame accurate synchronization of media files across local and wide area networks
- Works with ANY codec at ANY resolution supported by QuickTime v7.0 or higher (CPU speed, RAM and Video Card Memory must meet minimum requirements for given resolutions. Please see our minimum requirement specifications listed in thesyncVUE Brochure
- Option to connect voice and/or video Skype call when connecting to others in a syncVUE session.
- Instantly load any file in your asset folder with the push of one button
- Interactive time-code based locators with annotation
- "Avid" type keyboard mapping, with JKL, PREV/NEXT locator and frame advance right where you expect it
- Fully interactive MASTER/CLIENT control - you decide who can have control.
- Full status reporting of client actions (do they have the media file available? Have they "broken" away from the group (turned off SYNC)?
- Export syncVUE XML locator annotations to popular NLE's like Final Cut Pro
- Designed for SKYPE - provides integrated voice and text messaging
- Available now for Mac PowerPC and Mac Intel, and soon for Windows XP
- Switchable counter display toggles between actual embedded QT time-code, frame counter or an alternate counter of your choice.