As a result we have created a update to the Windows Live Writer 1.0 (Beta) that includes changes that address issues that were reported frequently or severely impacted your ability to use Writer. You can see a detailed list of the changes that are included with the update below.
We are also happy to announce that there is now a Writer community on Windows Live Gallery where you can upload and download plug-ins such as the "Blog This" extensions for Firefox and IE that let you blog using Writer directly from the browser or the "Insert Event" plug-in that lets you paste events from Eventful using the Windows Live Clipboard and persists the proper event Microformat when you post events to your weblog.
The following is a summary of the changes in the Writer 1.0 (Beta) Update:
- Tagging support
- Support for Blogger Beta
- Categories are sorted by name and support scrolling, plus improved support for reading categories from your blog
- Improved startup performance
- Paste is enabled for Title region and TAB/SHIFT+TAB navigation between title and body supported
- Insert hyperlink added to context menu when text is selected
- Title attribute in Insert Link dialog
- Custom date support for Community Server
- Improved keyboard shortcuts for switching views
- Change spell-check shortcut key to F7
- Add ‘png’ to insert image dialog file type filter
- More robust image posting to Live Spaces
- Improved style detection for blogs
- Fixed issues with pasting URLs and links
- Remember last window size and position when opening a new post
- Open post dialog retrieves more than 25 old posts | For more info….