Google released 127 new dimensions and metrics via the API. Also included 111 calculated metrics to make it easy to query most common calculations in the reports, such as bounce rate, cost per conversion, and margin. Now, getting calculated metrics is both more convenient and in parity with the calculated metrics in the UI.
Some powerful new data points are:
- Unique visitors - ga:visitors metric has been updated to support the true number of unique visitors for any date range (instead of the daily unique visitors). It also supports significantly more valid combinations.
- Organic Searches - number of organic searches within a session.
- 10 new Adwords dimensions - Including Matched Query (what people searched for, not the bid term) and Placement Domain (which site you content ads were running on).
- Search Result Views - number of times a search result page was viewed.
- 3 Time dimensions - simplify plotting graphs.
With all these dimensions and metrics, it can be time consuming to find the values you're looking for. To simplify this, Google also launched a new interactive dimension and metric search tool. You can use this interactive tool to search for a dimension or metric using its search-as you-type feature. Even more exciting is the ability to easily determine valid dimension-metric combinations just by selecting the dimensions/metrics that you want to request.
Here's a screenshot: