Customizing your Mac is easier than ever these days. I started combing the web looking for new ways to “trick out” my Mac, and found these 10 links. They offer a variety of ways you can make your Mac your own, increase functionality and ease of use, and Pimp out your UI.
- Pixel Press Icons – 120 of the most beautiful icons on ANY OS that you can download and use for any of your programs.
- Super OS X Menubar Items – 80 + ways to customize your Menubar, including DiggUpdates, Del.icio.us bookmarks, Desktop customizations, systems watching tools, and much, much more.
- OS X Keyboard Shortcuts – From Apple’s official site…complete list of the keyboard shortcuts available in OS X.
- Automator World – “…a clearinghouse of user-contributed Workflows and Actions, as well as Automator information, news and tips.” Great resource for Automator Users.
- MacDesktops – Hundreds of Mac Desktop Images for you to download.
- NeoOffice – So you have Open Office on your Mac, and you like it a lot…but you don’t LOVE it because it just doesn’t look like it belongs…well, NeoOffice is your solution! The NeoOffice Aqua Beta is finally available for download.
- Pimp My Safari – Over 60 plugins and extentions for the default OS X browser, Safari.
- CenterStage – “CenterStage is the Media Center Application that allows you to use the digital content stored on your Apple Macintosh computer & play it in a more comfortable enviroment such as your living room using any standard Televison set.” An Open Source FrontRow alternative
- Undercover – Theft recovery software from Orbicule.
- Unsanity Apps – A collection of free, and commercial Apps to tweak and protect your Mac.
10 Ways to Trick out your Mac